Holidays demand it. And, usually with joy, both men and women take on the task..Glamour is one of ancient human obsessions. Its contemporary meaning transcends a dictionary definition. It unites lustre, sparkle, elegance and luxury. Glamour is as seductive as it is unusual, always related to special occasions and, finally, impossible to achieve without an attitude. This is because looks can attract admiration, but seduction requires personality.
However, there are certain ground rules. Glamourous form can be pre-created, but the way it will be brought to life, informed and achieved will depend solely on the person in question. Therefore, tips for a glamorous look are not pointless. They are the first chapter in a story. Women will find inspiration easily, adapting it to their own expression, and the history of beauty brings certain universal principles:
- Red lipstick – essence of Hollywood at its best, from its golden days; a lip colour with its own metaphysics and history, irreplaceable despite the attempts of numerous trends to be done with it; requires occasion and character. Every time of day has its own shade. It is a risk, as one can easily get it wrong.
- Mother of pearl – primarily in eye shadows, as glamour always translates to glimmer and lustre. Unimposing presence and quiet radiance. One thing must not be forgotten – exaggeration is the opposite of glamour. Crossing boundaries leads either to extravagance, or to bad taste.
- Perfume – alchemical formula for seduction, true scent of personality, if chosen properly. It gives aroma to the overall style and emphasizes it. Winter dictates strong, gregarious perfumes, scents that have weight but are not burdensome.
- Tone – Facial tone, primarily. Choice of foundation is the basis, something like the background on a painter’s canvas on which everything else will subsequently be created. It has to be in line with the natural skin tone, as glamour makes the biggest impression when it looks natural and not artificial.
- Good measure when it comes to cosmetic details. Translated, having in mind the current trends, this means avoiding burdening the eyes with unrealistically long or dense eye lashes or too many ornaments on the fingernails.
Men don’t have quite so diverse an arsenal at their disposal as women, but for two decades, they’ve been equally concerned with this aspect of body care and appearance. Advice for glamourous looks for men may be simpler, but they are no less important:
1. Choice of perfume to support a glamourous style involves wooden, more intense notes. Fresh and floral scents are more appropriate for daytime and the casual style.
- Another type of lustre – beards have absolutely been trending among men, for years now. However, it’s not enough just to have one. Beard care means taking care of its shape, length and, in some cases, colour. A glamorous look involves a mild shine achieved with oils or wax.
- Hair – shape, length, choice of hair product. One of the recent surveys showed that, unexpectedly, hair was ranked second among male attributes women pay attention to. In the context of glamour, a male hairstyle should comprise just a touch of emphasis, to distinguish the shape. The choice of product, whether matte or glossy, will depend on the overall style.
- Well-tended hands – are generally an important element when it comes to making impressions, and in the context of a glamourous look, they can easily ruin the entire concept. Polished fingernails of equal shape are a must.
- Gentle corrections to the shape of eyebrows or moustache (another favourite) are inconspicuous but emphasize the glamour of the overall look.